Yes, the holiday marketing season is here. Hopefully you gave your holiday marketing months of consideration, smart + thoughtful design, and have already rolled out your first marketing communications to shoppers and donors.
No? Don’t panic — it’s not too late to connect with your supporters this season. Here are some tips to help you make sure your marketing hits all the right notes:
- Make sure your website is mobile-optimized. (Still using a Flash website? Your site content can’t be found by search engines, AND the site won’t work on any Apple mobile device.)
- Make sure your emails are easy to read and that buttons are clickable on a mobile phone. (Also, make sure all the links work and go to the right place by sending yourself a test email first.)
- If you haven’t already done this, plan your holiday email calendar.
- Decide what offers you will send via email, like special deals or giving appeals.
- Make sure your emails link to an optimized, mobile-friendly page on your website.
- Share your best content throughout your social accounts.
- Make sure all your content and product info are easy to share. (Tools like ShareThis make content sharing on websites super-easy.)
- Use some of the real estate on your homepage to promote your best offers and calls to action.
- Use your blog to write great content that shows the features and benefits of your product or service.
Want more? The good folks at HubSpot have done the research for you. Here are the top marketing techniques for the 2012 holiday season:
So, tell us:
How are you connecting with your supporters this season? Did you plan ahead, or are you getting your plans together now?